Saturday, September 11, 2010

Elle is 1!

This week was a big week in our household as our little girl turned officially one! I know, I know, I've said it in about every post, but I can't believe how fast she is growing!

We started off her birthday celebration with a party on Monday afternoon. We had lots of people travel a good amount of distance, as well as some dear family and friends that live close by, come celebrate Elle's special day and for that we want to thank all of you that were able to attend! It really meant a lot to us!!

Once everyone arrived, we had to begin opening presents, because they were becoming a great distraction to Elle. She couldn't figure out why all these brightly colored packages were sitting on the floor. She had no problem opening her gifts once we showed her how. After she opened each gift, she had to play with it for a bit before she could move on to the next one.

After gifts, we cooked hamburgers and brats and had a good visiting with each other. And after dinner came the traditional first birthday cake. I have to say that I think Elle surprised all of us with her cake. She was very hesitant to touch it to the point that I had to help her dig in. Even after that, she was very dainty and "clean" in eating her cake. I guess there is a bit of her father in her after all!

On Tuesday, she was able to recover from her big birthday party as my parents were able to keep her home. They all took it easy and relaxed after her big day.

On Thursday was Elle's actual birthday. I dressed her in her birthday onesie once again and took her to the sitter. I brought muffins for her to share with her friends and there was a little gift for her when she arrived. After I picked her, we waited for daddy to get home and went out for ice cream, which she LOVED! Then Nona stopped by on her way home from Florida, so she was able to play a little before bed.

With all the excited things that happened in Elle's first year of life, it's hard to believe that we are on year two! Here a bunch of photos from Elle's big day, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Elle's Cake
A couple of days before the party, I decided
I would try making one instead of buying it,
this is the finished product...


Opening her first gift


Getting the hang of tearing off the paper


Checking out her new puzzles


Some of the gifts she received...


Elle thought it was so great everyone sang to her
she clapped for us when we were done


Not so sure about the cake


Elle just learned to put her hands on her head when
someone says "Oh, No!", and did while eating cake which was too funny!




Now we're getting the hang of it!


Happy birthday Elle! Here's to another wonderful and exciting year, I can't wait to see all God has in store for us!

2 comments:

  1. Love all of this post! Elle's cake is amazing and I'm so proud of you making it. Totally love the PB chair (and might have to steal the idea for birthday or Christmas). The family shot while eating cake is so good. I just love it all! I'm so glad that you had a great time celebrating with her! Love you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Liz--the cake is amazing, way to go! And I also love the PB chair--I want them for the kiddos! She's getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete