Monday, May 31, 2010

Fun in the Sun

This Memorial Day Weekend was Elle's first time to the beach! Unfortunately, I was a bit scatter-brained the morning I was packing and we left without either the video camera or the digital camera. What a bummer! So while I don't have any pictures to show, I can tell you that Elle LOVED the ocean! We were a little nervous that she wouldn't like getting wet since the water is still a little cold, but as usual, she proved us wrong. She loved splashing around, and sitting on the shore watching the water cover her legs.

We stayed in Wilmington and went to both Topsail Island and Wrightsville beaches. On Saturday night, we went into downtown Wilmington and ate right on the riverfront. It was beautiful and we had such a great time!

We came back on Sunday afternoon, so we enjoyed our Monday off at home. We decided that now that summer has begun, we thought Elle might have some fun if we got her a little pool to play in. So off to Target I went, and I found this great giraffe blow-up pool. When I got it home, we thought we would blow it up and let her get use to it a bit. Well, before we knew it, she was squealing with delight with her new toy! So during her nap, we brought it outside and filled it up with water. The rest was history! Check out these pictures to see our little fish...

Elle was crawling from one end to the other over and over again...


The giraffe's tail sprayed out water, which she loved! She tried drinking from it once or twice!



Of course this wouldn't be our daughter, if she didn't try to climb out of the pool a couple of times!


Tuckered out after a fun day (weekend, really) in the sun!


We are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a pool like this - how cute! And talk about a bikini bod - Elle has one!!

    ReplyDelete