In so many ways, our lives’ have changed. Slowly our apprehensions and “what-ifs” have faded, and we are closing in on our first year of parenthood. It brings tears to my eyes as I am writing this, because I can’t figure out for the life of me what I did to deserve such an amazing little girl in my life. Every day I see her, my breathe is once again taken away. Don’t get me wrong, not every day in our home is heavenly, but it’s home, and my family, and I am so blessed!
Now that our summer is coming to a close, I will be returning to work, and shortly there after my little Elle will have her first on many birthdays to come. So I thought that I would write my favorites with Elle, as I have seen many of my friends do with their children. (Thanks for the great idea guys!)
~ I love that Elle is a snuggle bug! She could be playing by herself, and I could come scoop her up and she just falls right into me. She also will snuggle with her stuffed animals on the floor, which is so precious!
~I love how she is so curious! It’s funny to watch her as she gets older, because now she tries to be very secretive when she is exploring. She’s not always sure what our reaction is going to be!
~I love that she is a social butterfly! She loves to be around people and be the center of attention; she plays the “shy, quiet little girl” but so is not!
~I love that Elle shares everything; her toys, food, and so forth! I hope that continues as she gets older.
~I love Elle’s independence. She not afraid to push the limits. I know it sounds kind of weird that I don’t mind that she challenges me when I tell her “no”, it reminds me that she is an individual learning right and wrong for the first time and it’s my job to help her figure all that stuff out!
~I love that Elle pulls my full glass of water off the end table on a weekly basis and then looks at me with a “haven’t you figured out that you need to move that coaster yet” look.
~I love how Elle shoves books in my face every day because she loves to listen to me read.
~I love her beautiful blue eyes and brown hair!
~I love listening each morning to Elle talk to her teddy about all her big plans for the day before we get her up!
~I love how fearless she is, she isn’t afraid to try anything!
Elle,
Thank you for all you are! You truly do have your mommy and daddy wrapped around your little finger, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
We love you!
This is an awesome post! Well written friend - see you in a few days, love! :-)
ReplyDelete