Monday, August 16, 2010

Illinois Trip #2

Last week Elle and I went back up to Illinois to visit family, and throw a shower for my sister who will soon be getting married! Our trip started off with a surprise at the airport. Our flight was canceled! Although it was very disappointing that we lost a full day in Rockford, we all found it quite hilarious that no one bothered to check my flight before our trek to the airport. Needless to say, we checked the next day and I received a text message from the airline stating that all systems were go.

Elle was a gem on the flight up! She fell asleep within ten minutes of take-off and woke up with only twenty minutes left in our flight. Yeah for scheduling our travel during nap time!! After we arrived at my parent's house we began planning for the wedding shower that was going to be held the following day. I also finally got to see the beautiful wedding dress in person, and the crazy awesome decorations that will be at the reception. Elle also had a chance to play with everyone and stretch her legs after a long morning!

One of Elle's favorite Illinois activities is playing in the grass,
our grass here in North Carolina isn't really playful!


Playing in her tunnel...


Saturday, Elle and I hung out in the morning and then it was off to Kristin's shower. Elle stayed behind and played with grandpa, which I think was enjoyed by both! They stopped by the shower afterward and after visiting with everybody, Elle went outside with Kasey and Darrin to visit the rabbits. From what I heard she loved them, which is always exciting to hear so thanks guys!

Elle checking out the rabbits


Sunday we visited with some more family. Elle got to swim in a "big girl" pool with grandpa, and had a blast!


Enjoying the nice pool on a hot day!



Monday we headed down to Dwight to visit some great friends from college. It was pretty comical to get together since we now all have kids. I can definitely say having little ones brings a whole new dynamic to our visits! It was great seeing everyone, big and small! It was a reminder of what great friends God has blessed me with! Thanks for being so great guys!

Yes, they are all sitting right where we put them!
Impressed, aren't you?



Tuesday, two very tired girls flew back home and were greeted at the entrance by a wonderful man. Elle was VERY excited to see her daddy and I was equally excited to see him! What a great trip we had, we can't wait to go up in November and celebrate with Adam and Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment